1. Hello and welcome to the new HYIPsTalk.com Forum! We decided to switch from vBulletin to XenForo. In this upgrade process I also removed a ton of spam and old topics. If you see spam please use the Report link available on each post.

From now on there will always be a moderator present on the forum. If you have any problems or questions you may start a conversation with user hyipstalk.

How does a Bitcoin node find its peers?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin Forum' started by PapiaKhatunAsha, Sep 12, 2019.

1. This is a really good question. Most people are very concerned with how mining works and not at all about bitcoin nodes. So, I pulled out "Mastering Bitcoin," to answer this. Here's the gist; A node cannot find other nodes by itself. I suppose you could port scan 8333 on a ton of IP's, but you need somewhere to start. There are long-running stable nodes that can be used to "seed" your peer network. This is a built in function in the Bitcoin Core client. But you don't need to use it. Once you have the IP address of at least 1 other node, you can make yourself known with a "handshake." Here are a few ways to achieve this - Coin360.com, fiatleak.com, Learn Me a Bitcoin, and BitBonkers